Sunday, August 22, 2010

Dinner like grownups

Ah the beauty of West Elm. The classic thick legs of the Parsons small dinner table make it look boxy, which I love. And it will actually seat 4 people when we pull it away from the wall. And finally (FINALLY!!) we are using some of the dishes we received as wedding gifts - 3 years later.




And I love the mix of old and new. I found these vintage Robin Day 60's chairs on Ebay. They came as a set of 4 so we use one as a desk chair and 1 as a place for me to put my bags after work. And bonus - they stack. At some point I will repaint the legs in super shiny silver.


Formal place settings - all black and white. Dishes from the Fiesta line at Macy's, which are new but look old. Plus square dishes from CB2, and vintage stackable Glasbake soup bowls, found at a Florida thrift store for $2.00 each!



No comments:

Post a Comment